So, each of our enemies has an armor and health rating.
When a player plays an "Activate" card on a tower, they pick up the appropriate number of dice for the tower and roll an attack.
If they roll more hits than the enemy's armor rating, then they deal 1 damage to the enemy.
Bronze Dice have a 50% chance to hit
Silver Dice have a 67% chance to hit
Gold dice have a 83% chance to hit with a 17% chance of criting
If the attack includes a Gold die, and they roll the double-hit symbol and deal damage, they deal 2 damage instead. This is a crit.
Likewise, if you are attacking with at least 4 dice and all the dice roll hits, then you deal a crit. This can stack with the Gold die to deal 3 or 4 damage in one attack.